November 2, 2009

Washington DC Getaway

Jesse and I had the chance to go to Washington DC in September. Jesse had a business conference he had to be to and I tagged along. It was a lot of fun and a great break. Jesse only had a day and a half of meetings and so we had 4 1/2 days to explore. There is so much to do and see. We had fun figuring out the metro and negotiating the city. I was plagued with a planters wart on my foot that became an infected blister. The one time in my life I really need to be able to walk all day long and I get this problem. It was a challenge and we didn't get to do quite as much as we would have liked, but we made the best of it and had fun anyway. We ended up renting bikes to make our way around the national mall because I just couldn't walk anymore. That was actually one of the highlights of the trip. I think a grandma with a walker could move faster than I was going. This may sound a bit dramatic, but at one point I was positive that the pain in my foot was as bad if not worse than labor. When we got home Jesse was picking at the wart and all this nasty puss came out. It felt better almost immediately. I am sure there is some lesson that I was supposed to learn from this experience and I will be thankful for it some day. The kids had their Grandparents taking care of them and they made it through the week in one piece. (And so did their Grandparents)

3 comments:

Liz said...

I used to get those when I was a kid, and I remember they were bad. I thought for a long time I was going to end up with a hole in my foot because I kept just digging them out! OUCH!

Michelle said...

What a nice break!! I am glad that you were able to go. Even with the problem with your foot, it looks like you guys had fun!!

OUR HOUSE said...

I am so jealous of your get away. I'm glad that you guys had that opportunity. I don't know what life lesson you can learn from a planter's wart, but good luck with that:)