September 1, 2008

Rain, Rian, Don't Go Away!

We had our first major down pour of the summer on Sunday. (I guess it has been a dry summer for us.) Once or twice a year it rains so hard that the rock pit at the church next to our house starts to over flow and floods our sidewalk. If it wasn't for that rock pit our basement would flood at least once a year, so thanks to whoever decided to put it there. Jesse started daring the kids to run out to the swing set and back. They were hesitant at first but before we knew it they were begging to do it again. We are happy to get the rain and some relief from the hot weather. I am always excited for the change of season. I guess it is a good thing I live in Utah.



2 comments:

Erin Stones said...

We also enjoyed the down pour up here. Libby kept begging to go outside, so when I finally opened the front door she took one look at the rain and without a word shut the front door! It was VERY funny! Looks like your kids had fun!

OUR HOUSE said...

Porter looked SOOOOO funny running with his pants falling down. I can't wait to show this video to my kids tomorrow - they're in bed already. I've got to take more video of my kids and post it on my blog. I haven't tried that yet, but you've inspired me.