June 11, 2008

Little Man at Work




Porter is all boy! He loves to work outside with his Dad. Most of you know about his total obsession with the lawn mower. A few weeks ago the "lawn mow" broke. The wheel fell off and Jesse had to finish the back yard with three wheels. This was disturbing to Porter. Jesse told him that they would fix it together. For the next week he constantly reminded us that the lawn mower needed to be fixed. Porter and Jesse took a special trip to Home Depot to buy a new wheel. When they got home, Porter about had a heart attack when Jesse threw the old one away. To top it off he then discovered he had to wait until the morning to fix it. They went out bright and early the next morning and replaced the wheel. It was very serious business for Porter. He just loves his dads tools and can name most of them right down to the air compressor that we pass daily on our way to get in the car. He has also started to enjoy his Dads new calling and being around the young men in the ward. He helps set up chairs on Sunday morning and takes it very seriously. Just tonight Jesse was having a YM activity here at our house. They had gotten out some of our folding chairs in the process. Porter was having trouble not being in the middle of all the action and I had to keep chasing him down to keep him down stairs. I got busy and lost him. When I went upstairs to retrieve him I found that he had decided he should fold up all the chairs and stack them against the wall. I wouldn't believe he could do this if I hadn't seen it myself. We just love him to death.

3 comments:

Erin Stones said...

That is very cute!

Erin Stones said...

I tagged you- check out my blog!

Sarah said...

He is all boy, I love it! I thinkI have one just like him on my hands.