May 22, 2008

And Then There Were Four


For those of you who didn't know, we are expecting another baby. It was all a bit of a surprise and took a minute to sink in but five months later we have decided that it really is a good time to add to our family. When we are running around and dragging our three kids with us Jesse and I often look at each other and wonder how we are going to keep four kids corralled on the move. We recently found out that this little spirit is of the male variety. It evens things up for Porter and Jesse, which is nice. However, Porter (our rough and tough little boy) is either going to kill the baby or have a great partner in crime. I am not sure which scenario I prefer. So now we need a name. Jesse came up with this "great idea" a few months ago that if it was a boy we would name it Chuck Liddell, after the ultimate fighting world champion. I have always liked the last name Liddell but now I am not so sure. If you can't tell I (Jeanette) am not crazy about the idea. I decided to leave the issue alone until we found out the gender. After all, if it was a girl the issue would just go away. I wasn't that lucky. So now Jesse brings it up almost daily and even has Anna (daddies little girl) going along with him. I thought it would be good to get input from all those who read our blog. Please weigh in by participating in the poll. Everything is going well with the pregnancy so far. I did one round of prednisone to help with some of the fatigue and aches that my doctor attributed to Lupus. It is better to be safe than sorry. It seems to have helped quite a bit. (I wonder if all pregnant women with three kids at home could benefit from such a treatment.) Abi and Anna are excited to have a baby around. They would have liked it to be a girl but are glad for Porter to have a brother. Porter is oblivious to it all. When he kicks, punches, or pushes me in the stomach I tell him to be careful with the baby. He then lifts up my shirt to look at my belly and points to his own belly and yells "my baby." He who has not been named is due to arrive Oct. 13, 2008. It will be interesting to see how this pregnancy plays out.
draft

10 comments:

Liz said...

Ok, Mike watches UFC ALL THE TIME... I thought at one point it would have been funny if you had had a boy and named him Chuck BEFORE he became a "name", but not now. Not as a planned thing. Plus, Chuck totally does not go with Abigail, Anna, and Porter. Find him a P name so they match. hmmmm, Parker? I like that. Phillip? Doesn't really sound like Porter though. Well, you'll figure it out. If you do use a P though, you'll have two J's, two A's and two P's. Hmmm ;-)

Rosies said...

Yea Jeanette!!! I am so glad I can now spy on your life and keep in touch. So sorry I am not a fan of the name CHUCk!!! it rhymes with a naughty word!!!! But hey how can I talk I named my boy Maximus, and Matt wants our next one to be Midas so really my vote should not count. Anyways congrats on the pregnancy. and welcome to blogging!

Jen plus 6 said...

Well, Jesse could always reserve Chuck for a nick name...personally all the Chuck's I've konwn have come by the name as a nick name and have been named Charles or some such thing...
Good Luck with it though!!!

Beth said...

I have a friend whose husband's name is Chuck (nickname for Charles.) When she first started dating him and told her friend his name, the friend said, "Chuck- that's not a name, it's a cut of meat!"
It will be fun to check in on your blog. I just started one, too. You can check it out at dbmcclellan-fam.blogspot.com.
Good luck with the name search!

Kennedy, Brexton, Sadie, Dallin, Jumper said...

I know we (the Liddells) would all like to claim that we are related to Chuck Liddell. I think that the idea of using it as a nickname is perfect. I am glad you guys have joined the blogging world. We miss you guys a tun and can't wait to see you. I glad you are feeling well.

Erin Stones said...

Your husband is crazy. If it helps I will gladly donate the names Tank Norman, Gunnar Patton, and Phaser Laser (Jake's favorite names)to the cause. If you used one of those it would help get me off the hook for any future boys that come our way. Let me know!

Kristen said...

Choose a ridiculous and somewhat girly name and tell him that that is the only name that you will consinder. See how fast he begims compromising:) I agree with Liz, though, you really should keep up the letter pattern. I will donate my 2 favorite 'p' names (the ones that BOB hates) to the cause: Piers and Patterson. And, welcome to blogging:)

Tyson and Laurel said...

Good luck with the name thing! Boy names are SO hard for us - and here we are too looking for one for 6 weeks from now when our newest little man is born. His nickname is already Alfie. Yep. I guess that's what our boys get from Tyson and I! :) (ridiculous nicknames..)

Karen said...

I have to say, not a fan of Chuck! Not bad as a nickname, but not the official name. Maybe the middle name could be Charles, and then Jesse can call him "Chuck" if he likes. I also agree with Liz and Kristen - the repeated "P" would be fun for the first name, but I don't have any ideas. Good Luck!

Marie said...

Congratulations!!! Michelle told us about your blog. If you can e-mail me so that I have your e-mail I can invite you to ours. We'll add you to our list of family members with blogs on ours. We're excited to be able to keep up with you via blog-land. Congrats again!!!

Marie