October 21, 2008

Pumpkins, Pumpkins, Pumpkins!




We got the Halloween season started with pumpkin decorating. I saw these kits to make pumpkins and thought it was a great idea. I was right! This was the easiest least messy way that we have ever decorated pumpkins. The best part was that the kids loved it. We will be able to display our pumpkins all season because they won't shrivel up like the carved variety. The kids have picked out costumes. Porter is going as Batman and would wear out his costume before Halloween if I would let him. Anna will be the cutest witch you have ever seen and Abi is going to be a sorceress (or Abi the black as she calls herself). We did store bought costumes this year as my time is limited and the kids were getting anxious about having a costumes. Happy haunting everyone!

7 comments:

Erin Stones said...

I have started seeing pumpkins like this popping up on porches all over. They look like a lot of fun! Carving pumpkins is A LOT of work. We've had pumpkins since the first week of October, but they are just sitting on the porch as of now! We did store bought costumes this year too, yah!

Erin Stones said...

BTW- where's Jack and his pumpkin? He probably feels totally left out!

Liz said...

Porter totally reminds me of Kyle! I don't know if I've told you that before...

OUR HOUSE said...

Every year I think that I will make my kids costumes, but it never happens, and they always get store bought. Maybe someday...

Little Hall Cubs said...

You guys get the cute Pumpkin' award! Super cute!

Sarah said...

cute piks

Sarah said...

Hi this is Ivie that is so cute cute littel pumpcims